Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring Has Sprung: babies, smiles and sunshine!

Tannin and I have really loved being in Provo. We thought coming up here that it would just be cold the whole time, but it's only snowed once since the day we got it. I guess we brought the New Mexico warmth with us and Provo has given us a ton of warmth in our hearts and happy memories.

We've made a lot of friends in our ward and through school and it's so much fun to have a lot of young married couples who are starting their families just like we are. Tannin's schedule has been jam packed with school and I've been keeping busy with temple work, going out with the sister missionaries, sewing lessons, ZUMBA (my love) and catching up with a lot of dear friends from the mission.

On March 12, 2015 my best friend Keri, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Roxy Melisa. Cameron shot me a text once her water broke and I went to the hospital as soon as I could. I waited a long time, but so excited when she finally came. Keri handled it like a true champ and I am so happy for her and Cameron. Congratulations guys!


When she was in Keri's tummy, I'd speak to her in Tagalog, so my first words to her were "mahal kita pamangkin" ("I love you, niece"). Love that little Roxstar.

Since then, Keri has made an amazing mother and is recovering well. I finally got to see her and we had a girls night with her sister Shelbi and our friend Kaity. It takes us years to finally all get together, but when we do, we laugh 'til we cry.


Typical Shelbs.

My favorite day of the year happened on March 20th! My hubby's birthday. He knew a few days before that I was up to something and he was like, "Don't feel the need to celebrate my birthday, it's just a day." He didn't grow up used to having big birthday celebrations, but I did, so I brought a little tradition in to his life. I had more fun spoiling him all day, than he had I am sure. Part of his celebration, we got to eat at Tucano's because he'd been wanting to try it. Let's just say he loved it, but we basically had to waddle out and come home and lay down for an hour until it digested.

Looks like baby boy tapped out!

Since it's  been warmer, I got to cross hiking The Y off of my Utah bucket list! Pretty steep, so we got some good booty workouts and we enjoyed the view!



We got the blessing of attending Nina Toleafoa's homecoming last Sunday. She and I went in to the MTC together in the Philippines and both served in Angeles Mission. There were many times I'd end up on her bed or she on mine and we'd talk and laugh and cry. So thankful for this lady. The hospitality of her family and ward was amazing and a huge BONUS was that we got to see the Martino's. They're so involved in all of our lives and it's amazing. 



Spring is off to a good start with us Cash's. With new babies, tons of family birthdays and spending time with the best people on earth. We are so blessed. The greatest gift that our Heavenly Father has given us is each other. How are you welcoming spring? 



No comments:

Post a Comment