Monday, April 6, 2015

Reunited and It Feels So Good.

Tannin and I had the best weekend we've had since we've been married this past weekend. It was busy and it threw us off our "sleeping schedule" a bit, but it was definitely worth the slight fatigue! (You're probably thinking how lame we are for waking and going to sleep at the same time nightly at age 23 but it's actually great!) 

On Friday we were able to both attend our mission reunions. We had been planning on attending mine for weeks, but Tannin didn't seem sure when his was or what would be going on. Mine was in Lehi and during it, we found out that Tannin's was just a few blocks down the street. The situation couldn't have been more convenient, so we got to go to both!

This is how I feel about mission reunions!

The Angeles Mission reunion was like coming home after a long day. Seeing President and Sister Martino never gets old and it was a spiritual treat to be instructed and counseled by your previous mission president again. Seeing all of the missionaries I served with previously was the cherry on top. It really feels like you're all bonded together for eternity in one big family. You'd do anything for those you served with and struggle with. It was the happiest feeling.







President Martino shared with us a series of Bible Videos that the Church produced about the Savior's relationship with Peter. We talked about how we can relate to Peter. Like Peter, we know that our mission calls are not temporary, but forever and like Peter, we are to "feed His sheep", even now.

You can watch the videos here.  

When we got to Tannin's reunion, I was finally able to meet his mission president, President Wilkey and his wife. It was a great privilege to be in their presence as well and to be instructed by them. They are a wonderful example of a happy and eternal marriage, and hope, faith and endurance in the world we live in today.  

We were able to talk about habits that we developed on the mission and that we should strive to develop again today; everything that we learned can help us now and as President Martino said, "your mission was just the training for real life."

A lump swelled up in my throat as we sat in the chapel and we sang "Called to Serve" and I could belt it out with my husband, knowing every word and knowing I could feel what he was feeling. It's a special feeling. 

We are so grateful for the Wilkey's, Martino's and the Clark's .

Tannin's brothers, father and nephew came up to visit and go to the priesthood session this weekend since it was general conference. It was a "boys trip" so I didn't get to see my mother-in-law or sisters-in-law, but it was just nice to see family! 

What a good lookin' bunch of trouble!


While the boys were off raising havoc, I got to spend time with my dear friend Carol. We were roommates in Las Cruces and it was nice to see her and catch up. We walked around temple square and enjoyed a nice dinner.

That's a whole lotta Joseph!




I am grateful for the PROPHET Joseph Smith. I know he was called to be an instrument in God's hands. As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we do not worship Joseph Smith, but are grateful that he was called the Lord's prophet to bring the world it's truth so that I could come to know my Savior Jesus Christ. 

Every April and October God's prophets speak to the world through inspiration to council and guide us in the Latter-day Saint General Conference. You can listen to the Lord's prophet at www.lds.org. I encourage everyone to do so. I know Thomas S. Monson is God's living prophet today and just like Moses, Noah and Adam once did, he receives instruction from God for all of us today. 

What does this mean for me and all of you? Because God speaks to prophets today, we can be with our loved ones even after death. There is no "until death do us part in God's plan". We can all be married for time and all eternity in God's temples. I am grateful for this because forever is not long enough with this guy!

The new Provo temple is well on it's way to being finished!



He makes me laugh daily, and makes me strive to become better in all aspects of life though his encouragement and example. Marrying him for time and all eternity was the best choice I've ever made.

And while I'm bragging on my hubby...

Snuck this snapshot. I do that a lot if I'm swooning over him. Ha

I am just grateful that he's willing to do the essential things with me, like read our scriptures together and talk about serious stuff among all the laughs.  A "ninja" does have to take time to be serious after all.


"Hey babe. Take a pic of my shadow when I do a ninja kick! Betcha didn't know you married a ninja!" Dork. 

Thanks for "catchin' up with us"! 

xoxo,
Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment