Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mr. and Mrs. Cash.

Well. We finally did it! Tannin and I are finally married. We're (the newest) Mr. and Mrs. Cash. We planned on being married in March in the Manti temple, but we decided it was best for us to be married on December 26 and just get married in the Albuquerque temple in New Mexico because all of our family was there and we could be married before Tannin had to go back to school in Utah. 

We both still say ALL the time that it was the best decision that we ever made and we are both grateful for the Spirit's guidance.

SO details about the BIG day....

One, the dress.....


Honestly, it was used. I bought it on KSL (basically the Craig's List of Utah). It was a dress from Beautifully Modest and was almost a thousand dollar dress, but because it was used, it was way cheaper! It wasn't my size, but I have an incredibly talented mother-in-law who was going to alter it. Come to find out, it fit PERFECTLY because the girl who previously owned it had it altered. We thought that was another amazing sign how perfectly things just "worked out". 

Because of the changed date, we planned a wedding in ten days and I didn't get the normal experience of going shopping for dresses and trying a bunch on, BUT I loved my dress and I wouldn't change it. It was beautiful and I did feel like a Princess when the day came. My mom and I just found a cheap veil from JoAnn fabrics and it served it's purpose!

THE CAKE: made by the talented Jacque Jones (mom). She is a champ to just whip out a wedding cake with such little time. I'm always amazed at her gifts and hard work. 






Did we shove the cake in each other's face?


No. We were pretty nice about it.

The Sealing:

We were so blessed to have all of our family and a lot of dear friends be able to attend our sealing at the temple. Including my amazing Mission President and his wife, President and Sister Martino! They're some busy, busy people but I appreciated them attending more than they know!


And this is the whole crew that came! Yes, we have big families!

So here are some of my favorite pictures of me and Tannin. PS it was FREEZING, which is why our noses are pink!




This was us walking out of the temple. We were all smiles like, "Wow. Finally"
The Reception: It was right afterwards in Grants at our meetinghouse there. A sister in our ward did the decorations and did an amazing job! We thought it was beautiful. 



All the single ladies trying to catch the bouquet. 

First Dance. 

Here's all of our beautiful family and guests:
 
















We had a blast and wouldn't change anything about our day. 

I am so grateful that I can say that I know I married the right person, in the right place, at the right time. I am grateful for this counsel of the living prophets. They tell us that if the Lord brings two worthy people together, those two people love each other and receive spiritual witness and you marry in the temple, it's the right one and the right time.

I saw the Lord's hand bring Tannin and I together in His perfect way and timing. We receive confirmation of that every day. We know that no matter what life brings, as we keep our covenants that we made with the Lord and with each other, we will be together forever. I know this gift is from God and is worth the price paid. With that I'll share a quote for all of my cousins, nieces, nephews, family and friends out there about temple marriage: 

This quote is by President Ezra Taft Benson. I encourage all to qualify for the temple so that you and your families, present and future, will be blessed beyond imagination. I am so grateful I made up my mind at the age of 16 that I would marry in the temple and I stayed focused on that goal. It's worth it and available to all. 

One more pic! :)

Okay, TWO.

We love ya! Thanks for reading.

xoxo,
Ciara Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment