Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Newlywed Life

So... As you could probably tell from my last post about our changing the wedding date... I am no longer Ciara Jones. I'm now Mrs. Ciara Ashley Cash. Tannin and I were sealed for time and all eternity on December 26, 2014. Being in the sealing room with him was the most spiritual experience of my life. I know that this is the best choice I've ever made and ever will make. 

I will create a post specifically about the special moments on our actual wedding day once I get the pictures back.

So.. Newlywed life is amazing!

You know when you're little and your funnest times are when you got to have sleepovers with your best friend. Well in newlywed life, you get that ALL the time. Except now your best friend is a boy. 

Tannin and I found a little humble apartment in Provo, where we just moved this week so that Tannin could go back to school. He's smart beyond belief. I wish he knew just how smart he is. Anyway we live in a sectioned off part of an older man's house and we get a great deal on rent if we help him get ready and get to church each Sunday morning. It's such a blessing to be able to serve!

I love our new ward here and also the fact that the missionaries here are SISTERS so that I can go out and work with them.

I currently am applying to graduate schools and trying to keep myself busy in missionary work and temple work. Well, it's all the same work so I should say, The Lord's work. I am also trying to make this cute little place feel more like a home.

Did we have a honeymoon? This is one of the most common questions asked to me...

We went on a little weekend getaway to Ojo Caliente, New Mexico and enjoyed the quiet and the hot springs. It was so nice to shut off the phones and just be us.

Honestly, I think I married the best man ever. I don't say that because he is perfect, but because I know his potential and because he makes me want to be better every single day. We both learn patience, perseverance, selflessness, forgiveness- the list goes on.

One of my favorite parts of marriage: being married to a Returned Missionary. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of amazing men and women who did not serve full-time missions for the Church. But being a Returned Missionary myself, marrying one who I can relate to on my life's greatest spiritual experiences has brought us closer together. We pray all the time together, like mission companions. We study the scriptures together, like mission companions and we even have companionship inventory and share goals with one another. 

My testimony that when you marry who the Lord approves of and are sealed for time and all eternity in His house, is when marriage is ordained of God and the only way that you can continue to progress in this life. 

I recommend married life to all of you who are just afraid of commitment. Seek the Lord. Submit to His will and when you are ready, you'll know...





xox- Mrs. Ciara Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment